What are the ingredients for a perfect leavening? Flour is not enough! In addition to the most refined techniques of the White Art, yeast is the other great protagonist of this incredible natural process. Discover why the dry active yeast from Mulino Caputo can be the best friend of your recipes!
What do yeast and flour have in common?
Not only are they the protagonists of every leavening process, but both are born from a process of cultivation: that of wheat for flour and the cultivation of the strains of Saccharomyces cerevisiae for yeast.
How dry yeast is produced?
The active dry yeast of Mulino Caputo is nothing more than brewer's yeast produced from a rigorously selected and Made in Italy strain and fed only with Italian molasses: a particular type of sugar obtained from beet and sugar cane.
It is thanks to this nourishment and oxygen that the yeast cells begin to reproduce and multiply. This process is called fermentation.
After fermentation, the yeast is separated from the molasses and first washed to remove impurities, then centrifuged and finally dehydrated and reduced to microgranules.
So, just like flour, yeast is an absolutely natural product!
The Active Dry Yeast from Mulino Caputo is therefore the final piece of the Revolution of the Mill of Naples that through flour diversification and the selection of more and more performing grains in order to reduce to zero the use of chemistry wants to help artisans to perfect the leavening process to produce lighter and more digestible products.
But why an Active Dry Yeast?
Fresh, dry, liquid, many are the possible choices in terms of natural leavening!
But the advantages of a dry and immediately active product, not needing any further processing steps, are truly indisputable.
Here are a few:
- Storability - The dehydration process eliminates water, extending the product shelf life up to 24 months.
- Practicality - The packaging designed by Mulino Caputo is compact (it is sold in 100g cans), can be resealed and does not require any special storage measures.
- Stability - The fresh yeast works especially in the first 2 hours of resting of the dough, while the dry yeast has a slower, but more constant over time action.
- Saving - Quantities needed are reduced to one third when using the dry yeast instead of the fresh yeast.
- In addition to these advantages, the Active Dry Yeast of Mulino Caputo is naturally gluten-free and lactose-free!
Mulino Caputo's Active Dry Yeast is suitable for all types of dough and leavening, but its happier marriage is that with the Nuvola line flours from the Mill of Naples.
The combined action of the pre-ferments of Nuvola and Nuvola Super and the power of Active Dry Yeast gives as a result an impalpable, digestible, perfectly chewable dough… ready to melt in your mouth!